Sunday, April 23, 2006

That was Awesome

Yesterday's convention was so much fun. I'd like to congratulate Julie and everybody else that had a hand in putting it together.

Hal was able to shmooze a lot of important people, and was able to meet a lot of the people he needed to connect with in his district. Nicole took a lot of good pictures of him with Peterson, Klobuchar, Kelley, Hatch, and some others. We were also able to talk to Peterson's campaign and get them to commit to helping. Hal's really starting to role now. I'm so excited for this summer and into next fall. I think we have a great chance of winning this thing.

As for the candidates I feel I can now endorse some of them. My own personal preferance for Secretary of State is Christian Sande, for US Senate I'm now going with Klobuchar. When it comes to governor I'm still totally up in the air. It's not Hatch though that's for sure. I think Nicole put it best when she called him a Democratic Pawlenty. I love Lourey but I'm not sure she has a chance at the endorsement. I also really like Kelley and his education policy and it seems that he's gaining momentum.

My final endorsement that I'll make is for Al Franken in '08. His speech at the dinner was amazing. He had not only myself in tears but also Roger Moe, and Moe isn't exactly the funniest guy in the world. Franken speech was so excellent. I am now able to see him as a politician, and a good Senate candidate. His speech wasn't only full of jokes but it had its moving moments and its "ah-ha" moments as well. I bouth Franken's book "The Truth with Jokes" and got it signed by him. I was also able to get a picture with him that I'll post as soon as Nicole gets it to me.

All-in-all we kicked some ass yesterday, and it got me that much more pumped up for this summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Thanks! Really, my Mom, Dad, Pam McCrory, and Lori Olson did most of the work, I just helped.

I had a great time too!

4:41 PM, April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home